Sunday, October 7, 2007

Snotty Kids!

I have one. Not in the bratty sense but as in the constant runny nose...I have that germ-ridden kid that runs around with an endless snotty nose. Pre-Grace days I never understood how a parent could allow their child to have all that goop hanging from their nose. I thought, just wipe that kid's nose, geez!

I now understand - they choose their battles. For the past 5 days I have chased Grace around with a Kleenex to manage her extremely runny/snotty nose and she fights me with every wipe. As the day progresses, I find myself fighting her less and even allowing her to wipe her nose on my shirt when she comes to snuggle or hug me...I know, so gross but it gets the job done even if I am changing my shirt 3 times a day. But to fight her means to either her cry and even scream, so some times in the essence of peace and quiet I chose not to. I know this is universal - every child despises washing their face or wiping their nose. So, I leave you with this adorable but snotty kid! I hope tomorrow we wake up with a clear nose...and I know the poor thing is sick of it too!

No comments: