Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Oh no, Say its Not So!


Grace has a cold which means I have not had much sleep over the last 2 nights and I am now feeling really tired and not so well myself.

It also means I have little energy to do much, so this afternoon after giving Grace a dose of Benadryl so that she can get a much needed nap and rest. I decided to do exactly that and sit on the couch and flip on the t.v. Forget the laundry or cleaning or even the projects I have to finish. I will do something mindless and relax and watch daytime t.v.! It is something I don't normally do during the day as I find daytime television a pure waste of my time and brain cells.

Well, this afternoon in a moment of weakness and pure exhaustion, I turned on the tube to relax. Have you ever heard of Steve Wilkos or the Steve Wilkos Show? Steve is best known as the bodyguard on the Jerry Springer Show - you know the big, bald guy that always jumped in the middle of usually large and trashy guests when disputing who is the baby's daddy. I am not a Jerry Springer fan nor have watched the show that often but I did have the fortunate luck to once attend a taping of the show. Our show never aired - Jerry actually called it in the middle of taping - I never understood why since the premise of the show was a woman who was in a love with a chicken...and the audience was prompted by no other than Steve to yell out, "Chicken Whore...." Oh yes, it was a classy moment in my life....

Well, Steve now has his own show - The Steve Wilkos Show. It is just as trashy and interesting as the Jerry Springer Show. How does this happen? How could America want more of this trash? It shouldn't surprise me but it does. So after enduring 10 minutes of this awful show, I am back at the computer trying to regain the 10 brain cells that were lost during my t.v. time.

No comments: