Friday, August 10, 2007

My Dad's a Geek

At what age do we make the realization that our parents are dorks? For me, I think it was a around 13. Mom don't worry you were much later! I remember it being around those early teenage years that I would begin to blush at something that they said to a friend....like OMG how did they say that?!?! Or my dad making me take my make up off at the bus stop...ahhh, the embarrassment. I remember my friend Callie and I having our parents (or even grandparents) pick us up across the street or even down the street when we were in junior high for fear that would be seen with them! We were just way too cool....

It is hard for me to think that one day Grace will think of me in such a way, but I have accepted the fact that it will happen. However, I always knew that this day would come much sooner for Mike....

2 comments:

rsavage said...

But her Dad is a Geek!! Love you Mike. :)

Those pictures of her are too cute. I miss her.

Anonymous said...

I love her jazz hands in the first picture... she's going to be just like her mom!