Monday, October 29, 2007

No, No...


Everything is now "No." in our household. Grace has reached this famous milestone. I ask her, "Grace, do you want some milk?" or "Grace, can I have a hug?" I now get a very confident and certain, "No." as her reply along with a head shake to reinforce her point. It really is cute. She knows what it means and is using it a very matter of fact way. I see a glimpse of our teenage years - it is like she is going on 15 and not 15 months!
But then I look at that adorable face and chubby cheeks and I want to kiss and hug her no matter what she says! It is also a big milestone for our communication. I know when she responds with no that she really means it. It is one less option in the guessing game! I also know that she does know what No means, so when I tell her No and she ignores me that we indeed have a normal mother/daughter relationship....no matter if she is 15 months or 15 years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so frickin cute! She looks just like Mike with a shag in this picture

Luv- Aunt T

rsavage said...

Tell her I am coming to see her and kiss her and she better not say no! :)

I can't to see her

Becca